Book Title: Child's Introduction to the World: Geography, Cultures, and People - From the Grand Canyon to the Great Wall of China (Child's Introduction Series)
Publisher: Black Dog & Leventhal
Author: Heather Alexander
- Child's Introduction to Art: The World's Greatest Paintings and Sculptures (Child's Introduction Series)
- Child's Introduction to Poetry: Listen While You Learn About the Magic Words That Have Moved Mountains, Won Battles, and Made Us Laugh and Cry (Child's Introduction Series)
- A Child's Introduction to Natural History: The Story of Our Living Earth–From Amazing Animals and Plants to Fascinating Fossils and Gems (Child's Introduction Series)
- Child's Introduction to Greek Mythology: The Stories of the Gods, Goddesses, Heroes, Monsters, and Other Mythical Creatures (Child's Introduction Series)
- Story of the Orchestra : Listen While You Learn About the Instruments, the Music and the Composers Who Wrote the Music!
- Child's Introduction to the Environment: The Air, Earth, and Sea Around Us- Plus Experiments, Projects, and Activities YOU Can Do to Help Our Planet!
- Child's Introduction to the Night Sky: The Story of the Stars, Planets, and Constellations--and How You Can Find Them in the Sky (Child's Introduction Series)
- Child's Introduction to Ballet: The Stories, Music, and Magic of Classical Dance (Child's Introduction Series)
- Geography Through Art
- Around the World Coloring Book (Dover History Coloring Book)
Readers ages 9 to 12 will travel around the globe, from Greenland to Tasmania, learning the locations and characteristics of continents, countries, and states and provinces in this lively introduction to our world, its geography, culture, and people.
Starting with the basics hemispheres, latitude and longitude, continental drift, map notation, landforms, population density, and more the book gives kids a solid foundation to begin exploring world geography. Each section profiles a different continent, including climates and biomes (tundra, grasslands, etc.), mountain ranges and bodies of water, people and cultures, governments and industries, wildlife, and much more. And sidebars throughout offer biographies of explorers, fun facts, and projects kids can do with parents or on their own. The book also includes a pop-up paper globe and reusable stickers.
With 150 charming, original watercolor illustrations, A Child's Introduction to the World is an entertaining and comprehensive overview of our fascinating planet.